Awlfair is available in:
Application Equipment- Trowels, Spatulas, longboard, or putty knives
Awlfair L.W. White Base (D8200)
Awlfair L.W.T. Thick Gray Base (D1019)
Surface Preparation - Only apply over preoperly applied and prepared Awlgrip primers. 545 Epoxy primer, or High Build epoxy primers are best.
Mixing and Reduction - First shake or stir to a uniform consistency. Mix 1 part D8200 or D1019 with 1 part D7200 to a uniform pink color with no streaks or lumps in the mix. Do not add thinners or reducers to Awl-Fair products.
Application Instructions - Apply by trowel in thin layers to avoid air pockets to an area you can work in 15 to 20 minutes at 77 F/25 C, 50% RH when using D7200. When using D7200 Awl-Fair compound, work time is only 5 to 10 minutes at 77 F/25 C, 50% RH. Start application in low areas and build out into high areas. Allow to cure. Several applications may be required to fill large areas. Block sand with 30 to 60 grit and blow off sanding dust and residue before applying more Awl-Fair. Shape materials with tools of your choice.
Note: Awl-fair must be sealed with 545 Epoxy Primer. Filler primer, fairing materials, and sanding surfacers should be sealed with 545 Epoxy Primer before applying Awlgrip or Awlcraft 2000 Topcoats. This maximizes gloss and color hold-out in the topcoat.
Note: Avoid inserting air pockets when applying. Application of Awl-Fair in thin layers helps avoid air pockets. Remember to feather all edges and holes at 6 to 1 or 6 times the fill thickness for the feathered edge.
Warning: Do not incorporate into this Awlgrip coating system any thinner, additive, modifier, converter, or related product produced by any manufacturer other than Awlgrip. Do not apply to surfaces less than 3 C/5 F above the dew point, or to surfaces warmer than 41 C/105 F. Ambient temperature should be within 13 C/55 F - 40 C/104 F.
- Type: Two Component Epoxy
- Packaging: Available in 1 gallon and 1 quart containers
- Theoretical Coverage: Sq. Feet/Gallon 1,604 Sq. Feet at one mil dry 6.8 Sq. Feet @ 240 mils (6,000 microns) DFT
- Coverage calculations are based on theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%.
- Actual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipment choice, application techniques, part size and application environmen
- Recoatability: AWL-Fair LW must be sanded before recoating. It must be overcoated with an epoxy primer such as 545 Epoxy Primer, HIGH BUILD, AWL-QUIK or ULTRA-BUILD before topcoating.
- VOC: White Base D8200 - 0 g/lt or 0 lbs/gal. Fast Converter D7200 - 84 g/lt or .7 lbs/gal
- Pot Life at 75 F/25 C, 50% RH = 1.5 to 2 hours.